Monday, March 16, 2015

WMMH 2.16.15

St. Patrick's day is so great! Celebratory activities are fun but don't tend to be thrown in the faces of those who choose to not celebrate. Preparation is minimal. Creativity can enhance celebration but it isn't totally necessary. Growing up, my mom dyed everything green that could possibly be dyed. Including my tuna fish sandwich when I was 9. It was always fun to see what might be green the morning of St. Patrick's Day. Milk? (Always green.) cinnamon rolls? Eggs? Homemade bread? Butter? Potatoes? Pancakes? Tuna? Yes, of course they were all green. 
I don't quite go all out like my mom but I do like to make at least one thing green. Because my schedule doesn't allow for much kitchen time during the week I got all of my culinary March holiday observance done in one day, with just one meal. 
Shepherds Pie 
Pie for pi day-check
Irish-check
Delicious-check
Cake - white cake dyed green with chocolate frosting. 
Green food-check
Cake for Billy Day-check
Met my quota for cooking for the next six months-check!


3 comments:

Kerry and Dave said...

Good to see you are still celebrating Billy Day!

Val said...

That's my girl!!

In the Hartland said...

Yum. I want some!

WHEN are you coming out here????

Blog Archive